Patient Info & Forms
At Central Park Physical Therapy, we are committed to determining the source of our patients’ symptoms and developing customized treatment plans to facilitate returning to a healthy & efficient lifestyle.
We’ll teach you to feel looser, lighter, taller, more free & full of energy!
What should I know about my first physical therapy appointment?
- Expect to receive treatment on your first day and walk out feeling better than when you entered!
- Expect to discuss your medical history, current symptoms, mechanism of injury, occupation, and lifestyle with your doctor of physical therapy. The more details the better!
- Your movement, balance, muscle endurance, strength, coordination, and much more may be assessed during your appointment.
- Our physical therapist will prepare and recommend a customized course of treatment to ensure the quickest recovery and the best results. You will be taught one or two (more if necessary) simple movements to perform at home that will be considered your ‘home exercise program’ (HEP). This will help further facilitate improvement of your movement & symptoms.
- You may schedule a series of follow up visits. The frequency of sessions needed will be determined between you and your PT, many patients achieve excellent results from 2x/week.
If you have any questions at any time, please do not hesitate to call. We want to ensure you are satisfied and have a complete recovery.
How can I prepare for my first appointment?
- To schedule an appointment you will be registered into our electronic system. We will explain your insurance benefits and treatment process so that you can focus on having the best recovery possible.
- It’s a good idea to make a list of questions that you may have to discuss on your first visit.
- Think about the signs and symptoms that can be related to why you are coming in. What has been hurting or bothering you? For how long? Where? When does it hurt the most? Do you feel symptoms all the time or only during certain activities or times of day? What are the most difficult tasks to perform? What have you had to change in your routine because of these symptoms?
- You will be asked to provide medical history, previous treatments, current medications, and other important information that will help facilitate your recovery.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early for your first appointment.
- Your therapist will document findings and plan for treatment to be submitted to your referring physician or any other medical professional that may be necessary.